SELF-DISCIPLINED & CIVILIZED CITIZENS
Arts, Science, and Commerce College, Kolhar is a NAAC accredited institution that began in 1999 with 10 teachers imparting education to 57 students in 2 departments. In 2018-19, the institute boasts of 32 teachers and 698 students spread across 15 departments. The college runs 7 undergraduate, 1 postgraduate, and 2 skill development courses.
College faculty has published 175 papers in esteemed journals since 1999 and 13 of our staff hold Ph.Ds. Over 500 economically weak students have benefited from the ‘Earn and Learn’ scheme that has been operational since the inception of the college.
With one library and 4 laboratories, our students have all the facilities to quench their thirst for knowledge and execute their creativity. Our first batch of 2014-15 is in its fourth year in 2018-19, and we look forward to them to launch the name of our institute to great heights from 2019-20.
Spread over 9 acres that includes a 5 acre sports ground and 2000 square feet gymnasium, the college focuses on sports and co-curricular activities in equal measure for overall student development.
To enable prosperity by providing quality education in emerging fields to produce knowledgeable and cultured human resource for the upliftment of the rural masses who contribute to the process of national development.
To empower the socially, economically and educationally marginalized sections of the society through quality education and transform them into excellent human beings who are aware that being sensitive, modest and humane is the hall mark of being educated, self-disciplined and civilized.
- To achieve academic excellence in higher education.
- To bring higher educational opportunities within the reach of the under privileged section of society.
- To inculcate value based education to empower the youth for nation development.
- To achieve horizontal development through Skill Development Courses.
- To develop an overall personality of the students by providing ample opportunities in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- To develop linkages between educational institution and society for mutual benefits through socio-economic and cultural transformation.