Information And Technology Department
Information Technology department at the Pravara Rural Engineering College, Loni started in 2001 with only 30 students. Now, it has 134 students with faculty members coordinating for the Spoken tutorial Resource Center, IIT Bombay and the local chapter for National Program on Technology (NPTEL).
Department students have performed brilliantly in various technical events, underlining our focus on wholesome student development through expert guest lectures, industrial training tours, seminars, and workshops. And, our alumni have carried our reputation to far off lands.
To recognize itself as renowned department in the field of technical education in IT and strives to carry out the superior level of research based on the quality, innovation and excellence; with the help of its stakeholders viz. the students, research scholars, faculty members, the support staff and the alumni.
To provide educational programs that would encourage students to read critically, reason analytically, communicate convincingly, apply professionally and prepare them to excel in the field of computing.
Information Technology is having well equipped Computer labs with latest Computers like i3, i5, i7, processors with 2 GB RAM. Labs are connected with Campus wide network of Computers with 10/100 Mbps Backbone. All Laboratories having IBM Servers with Windows 2012, LINUX, WIN NT, Novell 5.1 operating systems.
High Speed Leased line Internet facility is available and all terminals are connected to Internet. Free Internet facility to students is available even after college hours through WI-FI system. Our Last year Result of S.E., T.E. and B.E are 89%,91 %,100% respectively.
Exam and Higher Education
The number of student has secured more score in competitive Exams like MBA/CET/CAT/GATE/GRE/TOEFEL / IELTS. Five students secured valid gate score and eight student secured high score in MAT examination. Other than these four students are went for higher study in M.S. abroad place.
Industrial Training and Placement
In last year six numbers of students had done industrial training at different reputed industry. From last batch five students in Wipro BPO and two in persistent system are recruited.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To foster logical thinking and writing abilities by providing applied mathematics, computer mathematics, logic and computer hardware basics as basic subjects of natural science and technology.
- To foster international communication skills by providing language and technical English classes.
- To foster algorithm, computer system and information system design abilities through basic computer theory classes, programming exercises, and computer system experiments.
- To foster the ability to perform and organize work systematically
- To educate information processing expertise systematically through lectures and experiments on computer systems and software
- To foster practical expertise and self-learning ability to respond to changing times.
- To foster the ability to think about the natural sciences and society, engineering ethics, and welfare in a networked information society through liberal arts, information ethics, and information and vocation classes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
- The ability to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success.
- The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur, and a enthusiasm for higher studies.
|Head||S. Y. Raut||12 Yrs|
|Associate Professor||G. R. Suryawanshi||13 Yrs|
|Associate Professor||V. A. Lambture||15 Yrs|
|Assistant Professor||N. B. Kadu||12 Yrs|
|Assistant Professor||D. J. Salunke||11 Yrs|
|Assistant Professor||P. P. Ghorpade||07 Yrs|
|Assistant Professor||K. S. Nagale||02 Yrs|
|Assistant Professor||Y. D. Varpe||01 Yrs|
|Assistant Professor||K. T. Bhandwalkar||02 Yrs|
Student Co-curricular Achievements
- Vishakha Shedge, Sheetal Dahiwal, Komal Badadhe, and Ashwin Jaware
Poster Competiton March 2018
- Vishaka Shedge
C Coding March 2018
Sai Infocorp Solution, Nashik,Maharshtra, India
Infosys Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
Consultant /Sr. full stack Java j2ee Developer
Capgemini Bloomington, Illinois Area, United States
14 in last 5 years
3 in 2018-19:
- Rahul Saptarshi
- Bhagyshri Jadhav
- Nikita Jagdhane