Department of Botany established in the year 2002, is one of the departments of Arts Commerce and Science College Ashvi K.D which conducts academic programmes at UG, level with the support of two teachers . The staff members are actively engaged in research and extension activities. A number of research papers (1) have been published in National journals and also presented in the seminars.
The botanical garden is well maintained with ex situ conservation of some rare endangered and medicinal plants. The department is enriched with learning resources such as charts, museum specimens, slides, models which helps the students in independent learning.
Department of Chemistry of Arts, Commerce, Science and Computer Science College, Ashvi Kd. is one of the recognised, emerging and leading department in science and technology with a growing list of accolades earned nationally. The Department started in 2001, covers all the major areas of Chemistry, viz. inorganic, organic, physical and Analytical chemistry.
In addition to teaching chemistry courses to the undergraduate students of B.Sc in Chemistry, the department is actively engaged in research in the frontier areas of topical importance. Department is engaged in extension activities applying its knowledge for nearby farming community by doing work in the Soil & Water Analysis.
Aims & Objectives of the Department
The aim of the Department of Chemistry is to produce highly qualified chemists who have a broad knowledge of modern and applied Chemical science and excellent career prospects. The Department also undertakes fundamental and applied research in Chemical science and National Seminar/Conferences explore Chemical Science. Develop knowledge of the Physical Chemistry, Inorganic, Organic, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental and Green Chemistry etc.
|Program Offered||B.Sc. Chemistry|
|Certificate Courses offered||Soil & Water Analysis|
|Instruments name in the Department||Geiger-Muller Counter, Potentiometer, pH meter, Colorimeter, Refractometer, Conductivity meter, Soil & Water Analysis Kit.|
|NAME OF FACULTY||DESIGNATION||QUALIFICATIONS||EXPERIENCE IN YEARS||PROFILE|
|Dr. R. B. Gaikar||Asst. Prof.& Head||M.Sc., B.Ed., M. Phil., Ph.D.||19||view|
|Mr. S.D. Bhumkar||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., SET||11||view|
|Mr. M.M. Patel||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., B. Ed||07||view|
|Miss. Y.R. Talekar||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.||02||view|
|Miss. V.S. Gaikar||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.||02||view|
|Miss. P.N. Khaladkar||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.||01||view|
|CLASS||SEMESTER||SUBJECT CODE & SUBJECT NAME|
|I||CH-101 Physical Chemistry|
|I||CH-102 Organic Chemistry|
|I||CH- 103 Practical Chemistry|
|II||CH- 201 Inorganic Chemistry|
|II||CH-202 Analytical Chemistry|
|II||CH- 203 Practical Chemistry|
|I||CH- 211Physical & Analytical Chemistry|
|I||CH -212 Organic & Inorganic Chemistry|
|II||CH -221 Physical & Analytical Chemistry|
|II||CH -222 Organic & Inorganic Chemistry|
|I & II||CH -223 Practical Chemistry|
|CH -331 Physical Chemistry|
|CH -332Inorganic Chemistry|
|CH -333 Organic Chemistry|
|CH -334 Analytical Chemistry|
|CH -335 Industrial Chemistry|
|CH -336 D Environmental & Green Chemistry|
|CH -341 Physical Chemistry|
|CH -342 Inorganic Chemistry|
|CH -343Organic Chemistry|
|CH -344 Analytical Chemistry|
|CH -345 Industrial Chemistry|
|CH -346 D Environmental & Green Chemistry|
|I & II|
|CH -347 Physical Chemistry Practical|
|CH -348Inorganic Chemistry practical|
|CH -349 Organic Chemistry practical|
Short term Courses: Soil & Water Analysis
Research Publications in JournalsView
- Science on Wheel
- Organization of National Seminar
- Organization of Soft Skill Development Program for final year student
- Visit to Science Center
- Organization of Science Exhibition
- Arrangement of Campus Training Programme
- Soil and water analysis for students and staff
Visit to Science Centre
Carrier Guidance by Dr. Gaikwad
Science on Wheel Activity
Soil & Water Analysis Activity at Village Level
Counselling of students
To provide the educational facilities in the higher education especially for girls in the rural area. Arts, Commerce and Science and computer science college, Ashvi Kd. have been started from the academic year 2001-02. Physics department is established during the academics year 2001-02. Physics department conducted the courses for F. Y. B.Sc. level. One full time staff is working in the department.
- To undertake quality related research studies, Training program for the students and farmer.
- Promoting the use of renewable energy sources in rural area.
- Fostering the physics technology among the students
- To encourage the physics students for self-evaluation, to increase the accountability and innovation in physics.
Activities and Highlight of Department
- Guidance for higher education including Teaching, Research studies, Training and Co-curricular activities.
- Guidance for students by personal counseling for individual problems through Students Teacher Guardians Scheme.
- Extra efforts are taken for personality Development and communication skill. Students are encouraged to communicate English in spite of Marathi.
- Students are encouraged to solve the quantitative and qualitative aptitude test.
- Extra care is taken for slow learner through remedial and bridge course to enrich the knowledge of students.
- Teacher develops laboratory experimental kits for understanding of the practical e.g. Characteristics of semiconductor device like diode, Kirchhoff’s laws, Charging and discharging of capacitor.
- Department organized study tours and science exhibition for students and energy popularization program for villager
To Provide The Educational Facilities In The Higher Education, Especially For The Rural Area, Arts, Commerce And Science College Have Been Started From The Academic Year 2001. Zoology Department Is Established During The Academic Year 2002. Zoology Department Is Conducted the Courses for F. Y. B.Sc., S. Y .B Sc, Level, one Full Time Staff Working In the Department.
|NAME OF FACULTY||DESIGNATION||QUALIFICATIONS||CONTACT|
|Mr. D.V. Lokhande||Assistant Professor||M. Sc. M. Phil. Ph.D Pursuingemail@example.com|
Number of Seminar/workshop/conferences attended by faculty
|NAME OF FACULTY||INTERNATIONAL||NATIONAL||STATE||WORKSHOP|
|Mr. D.V. Lokhande||03||02||15||03|
|AIDS-Awareness||Guest lecture arrange.|
|AIDS-Exhibitation||Display the poster.|
|HB- Checking Camp||Determination of HB %.|
|Bee Keeping- Awareness of students.||students arrange practical and lecture.|
|Vermiculture & Vermicompost Production||New Techniques for students arrange practical and lecture.|
|Sericulture||New Techniques for students arrange practical and lecture.|