PRAVARA 1.0. THE GENESIS.
Pravara Public School is where Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil first demonstrated the role of education in nation building and rural development. And, this is where the Pravara Rural Education Society (PRES) began its illustrious journey.
Starting in 1964 under a thatched shed with just 3 teachers and 27 students from 1st to 4th standard, Pravara Public School has now blossomed into an institution with 72 teachers and 1634 students from LKG to 12th standard! A NABET accredited school, we are members of the IPSC since 1971.
Spread across 37 rustic green acres, PPS has a relaxed academic environment and we encourage pupils to pursue excellence in multiple fields. Over the years, this has made the school a legend by producing brilliant personalities in civil services, politics, armed forces, academics, business and the like.
Classrooms, libraries, laboratories, sports grounds, hostels, and staff quarters – the infrastructure is as complete as it gets. Robotic Kits and a 3D Printer in our labs address the future technological needs. Smart Classrooms make understanding easier through visual aids for instruction while the Language Lab promotes spoken English.
- To support students achieve academic excellence.
- To contribute to the development of positive personal attributes in each student.
- To provide students with the opportunities to develop fine leadership qualities (Student Council).
- To develop global citizenship competencies in students.
- To improve parent satisfaction index by 2% every year.
- To provide physically and psychologically safe and healthy environment for students and staff.
To enable prosperity and empower rural masses through high quality education comparable to the best in any urban area.
To provide broad- based, holistic education to the children with a commitment to excellence in all fields, keeping in mind regional, national and global needs.
- To provide broad based and relevant education to boys and girls between the age of 4 and 18 years, with a view to shaping their mind, body and character so that they can claim their rightful place in the modern society of an emerging superpower.
- To prepare the students to live their lives fully and successfully by imparting them the vision of life (KNOWLEDGE).
- To instil in the students the spirit of service in all walks of life (SERVICE) and make them responsible citizens of the future.
- To make the students capable of facing challenges in life efficiently for shaping their future (STRENGTH).
- To provide balanced and goal-oriented school programmes by incorporating progressive techniques, teaching-learning theories, and methodologies.
- To provide a conducive environment to learn and follow the right values and appreciate the glory and variety of our culture (CHARACTER).
Student Co-curricular Achievements
- NCC and Scouts
- Yoga, Meditation, Aerobics, and Karate
- Hobby Pursuing
- General Knowledge and Value Education
- ATAL Tinkering Labs (ATL)
- Science and Technology Activities
Student Academic Achievements
Student Sports Achievements
Starting from Anil Sanas (Basketball, 1978), various PPS students have donned the Indian Cap at International level sports – Siddharth Basak (Athletics 1990), Subhash Patil (Athletics 1994), Sangram Patil( Basketball 1996) and Rohit Wagh (Aerobics 2011).