Mechanical Engineering Department at the Sir Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (SVIT) strives to create mechanical engineers geared to breeze through the challenges unleashed by the present age of rapid technological evolution.
Department operates an Under Graduate (UG) course with an intake of 60 since 1998 and a Post Graduate (PG) course in Design with an intake capacity of 18 since 2011. With a focus on overall personality development of students, we have created numerous university rankers and a track record of exceptional placements.
Information about student association(MESA)
Article 1: STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The organization is responsible for the governing of the student affairs within the Department of Mechanical Engineering at SVIT CHINCHOLI, shall be known as the Mechanical Engineering Students' Association (hereafter referred to as MESA).
Article 2: OBJECTIVES OF MESA
- To focus on the cutting edge technology and present it to the students in an interesting manner by means of lectures/talks, magazine articles, workshops, industrial trips etc.
- Promoting the interests of students in various technical areas pertaining to mechanical engineering.
- Giving relevant information to students to sustain their interest in their field-specific applications of ME.
- Providing students of the department with relevant knowledge of inter-disciplinary subjects, given the broad domain of ME.
- To spread awareness among the students about the scope for various career options.
- To convey timely information to students on the various research opportunities for internships and higher studies available in India and abroad.
- To act as an interface between the students and the faculty and strive for improvement in student-faculty interaction.
- Providing a platform for interaction between senior and junior students of the department by organizing social gatherings like freshers' welcome and farewell to the passing out batches.
- Interacting with other technical societies, within and outside the institute to promote flow of knowledge.
- To promote the interaction between academia and industry by organizing industrial trips, special lectures and facilitate in industrial training.
Article 3: MEMBERSHIP
Eligibility: All students registered in the engineering undergraduate/Postgraduate/PhD program in the department of Mechanical Engineering at the SVIT CHINCHOLI, are eligible for membership.
|Branch Name||Course Name||Intake||Establishment Year|
- I.C. Engine Lab
- CAD-CAM Lab
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Fluid Machinery Lab
- Dynamics of Machinery Lab
- Theory of Machines Lab
- Metallurgy Lab
- Metrology Lab
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Lab
To enable prosperity by nurturing globally competent mechanical engineers.
To impart quality education and complex problem solving skills to enable students to take up global challenges and execute the role and responsibilities of professional mechanical engineers towards society.
|Year||Class||Name of Topper||Result|
Waje Shivani Baban
Deokar Ashish Bhausaheb
Shelke Krushna Vishwas
Lagad Mayur Ramdas
Yogender Singh Bhati
Bharambe Kiran Pitambar
Shinde Mahesh M.
Ahire Deepak N.
Ahire Deepak Narayan
Patil Amit Ramesh
Tile Jagdish Chintaman
Tile Vishal Bhausaheb
Tile Jagdish Chintaman
Sonawane Rahul R
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide opportunity to the students to expand their horizon beyond mechanical engineering.
- To inculcate values & ethics, leadership and team work skills, bring holistic development of personality and to promote entrepreneurial thinking among students.
- To educate students with the principles of Mechanical engineering, so that graduates will able to design mechanical systems containing functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
- To create awareness amongst the students towards social, environmental and energy related issues.
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems for drawing substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, as well as for cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data; and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and provide and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects, and in multidisciplinary environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Mechanical Engineering Student’s Association (MESA)
- To promote academia-industry interaction through expert lectures and industrial training.
- To promote the interests of students in various technical areas of mechanical engineering.
- To encourage Mechanical Engineering students to develop personal skills such as event management and time management via intra and inter college events.
- To bring about the technical development of students by organizing seminars, workshops and other activities.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
For academic year 2017-18, SAE Collegiate chapter involved 58 student members. Students form the Counseling Body, while the Head of Department is the Vice President of collegiate club. One of the staff members is Staff Advisor of SAE club, while dynamic and energetic students are selected for post of Treasurer and Event Manager.
SAE organizes different activities throughout the academic year such as:
- SAE Opening
- Motor GP (Car Racing)
- Robo Racing
- Industrial Visit
- Technical Paper Presentation
- SUPRA (Virtual Competition)
- SAE Closing
Student Co-curricular Achievements
- Mayur Mahajan & Gaurav Nisal
9th Prize, SAE Efficycle Project, November 2017
Society of Automotive Engineers at Lovely Professional University, Punjab
Student Academic Achievements
- Vasim Shaikh
First Rank in SP Pune University, May 2009
|Prof.(Dr.)Santosh N. Shelke||H.O.D. & Professor||ME(Design Engg), Ph.D(Mech)||19 Yrs.|
|Mr.Vijay L. Kadlag||Associate Professor||ME(Production),PhD(Pursuing)||22 Yrs.|
|Dr. Ambadas D. Dongare||Associate Professor||ME(Design Engg), Ph.D(Mech)||33.2 Yrs.|
|Mr.Ravindra S. Shelke||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||16.3 Yrs.|
|Mr.Shivaji R. Chaudhari||Associate Professor||ME(Manufacturing),PhD(Pursuing)||15 Yrs.|
|Mr.Balasaheb S. Vikhe||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||10 Yrs.|
|Mr.Deepak M. Deshmukh||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||09 Yrs.|
|Mr.Abhijit P. Sonawane||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||6.8 Yrs.|
|Ms.Vinata M Gaidhani (Thete)||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||06 Yrs.|
|Ms.Yogita M. Patil||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||9 Yrs.|
|Mr.Sagar P. Walhekar||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||6.5 Yrs.|
|Mr.Vitthal K. Khemnar||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||8.1 Yrs.|
|Mr.Sanet P. Govind||Assistant Professor||M.S||2.3 Yrs.|
|Mr.Suyog K. Vitnor||Assistant Professor||M.Tech(CAD/CAM-CAE)||02 Yrs.|
|Mr.Rahul T. Bhole||Assistant Professor||M.E.(Design Engg)||5.9 Yrs.|
|Mr.Avinash S. Jejurkar||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg),PhD(Pursuing)||5.7 Yrs.|
|Mr.Sagar S. Wani||Assistant Professor||M.E(Heat Power)||6.9 Yrs.|
|Mr. Gorakh M. Wani||Assistant Professor||M.E(Heat Power)||7 Yrs.|
|Mr.Rahul H. Hodgar||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||6 Yrs.|
|Mr.Sandeep B. Shejul||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg),PhD(Pursuing)||4.9 Yrs.|
|Mr.Pravin G. Autade||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg),PhD(Pursuing)||6 Yrs.|
|Mr.Sandip G. Bhosale||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||6.1 Yrs.|
|Mr.Mahesh P. Kolhe||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||4.5 Yrs.|
|Mr.Rishabh S. Ostwal||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||2.10 Yrs.|
|Mr.Anil C. Mande||Assistant Professor||ME(Design Engg)||6.7 Yrs.|
|Mr.R.P.Bhopale||Technical Assistant||ITI||17 Yrs.|
|Mr.Udawant A||Technical Assistant||D.M.E.||8 Yrs.|
|Mr.Y.A.Shinde||Technical Assistant||D.M.E.||8 Yrs.|
As mechanical engineering have great employability as well as challenges in current Scenario.
Department of Mechanical Engineering , SVIT provides excellent education platform to make our Mechanical engineer students ready to accept the challenges of the new era.
We have well qualified and experience teaching faculity ,well equipped modern laboratory ,computers with high configuration and newly developed software required by Mechanical Engineering.
We have excellent track of result with university toppers and excellent employability of very attractive packages.To develop the personality in all dimensions we have different organization like MESA.
We organized different Workshops, Seminars to enable them in Academics ,Technical and other fields.
Prof.(Dr.)Santosh Shelke(Professor), HOD
PhD(NITW),ME(Design),BE(Mechanical) Member of ISTE,SM-HKSME, FISME, FISRD, FSIESRP.
Sr. Manager, TATA Motors, Pune
Director, Precision Engineers, Nashik
Chief Manager, Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd., Mumbai
160 students placed in last 5 years.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Nashik
- Bosch Chassis Systems India Pvt. Ltd
- Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited
- L-Cube Innovative Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- KSB Pumps Ltd.
- Yoonwoo Automobile India Pvt. Ltd
- Pompeii Technologies Pvt. Ltd.