Pravara Rural Education Society
“Beautiful Minds, Creative Minds, and Noble Minds of Loni”
~ Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Latest News and Updates
- Pool Campus Drive for Batch 2016-17, Branch Mechanical & Chemical By Praj Industries Ltd., Pune. Date: 17th January 2017 at PREC Loni.
- Campus Interview By BSA Corporation Ltd., Pune, for Batch 2015-16 at PREC Loni [ Date 10th January 2017 ]
- Congratulates Pravara Rural Engineering College Loni on being recognised as “COLLEGE OF THE YEAR – 2016” by Higher Education Review
- Two days National Seminar on “Bharatiya Loksahitya: Samajik, Sanskrutik aevam Sahityik Adhyayan” on 13th & 14th Jan, 2017.
- Pune University sponsored State level seminar on “Achievement of Philosophers and Social Reformers in Transformation of Indian Societies in 19th and 20th Century” on 13th & 14th January, 2017 organized by Department of History & Philosophy, PVP College of Arts, Science & Commerce.
- Department of Commerce, Arts, Commerce & Science College, Ashvi is organizing a Two day State Level Seminar on “Problems & Prospects of Co-operative sector” on 13th & 14th Jan, 2017.
- PREC Annual Social Gathering “Aryavarta 2016” [Date: 29th & 30th December 2016, Venue: North Campus PREC, Loni] [Click here for watch Live]
- State Level Seminar on “Computer Oriented Mathematical Techniques (COMT-2017) [Date: 20th January 2017, Venue: PVP College Loni]
- PREC Alumni Meet 2016 [Date: 24th December 2016, Venue : PREC Loni]
- Padamashri Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil Memorial Lecture Series- 17th Year [ Date -19thto 24th December 2016, Venue: Gangubai Vikhe Patil Indoor Stadium, Pravara Kanya Vidya Mandir, Loni ]
- University level one day workshop on “NATIONAL CADET CORPS MEET”, 23rd Dec. 2016 Organized by NCC unit Board of student welfare, Savitribai Phule Pune University Pune
- MSBTE, Mumbai sponsored One week Faculty Development Programme on “Software testing“, 09th-13th January, 2017 organized by Department of Computer Technology, P.D.V.V.P. Institute of Technology & Engineering (Polytechnic).
- Two Day National Seminar on ‘Role of IQAC in Enhancing Quality Education and Research‘ on 17th & 18th Jan. 2017, organized by IQAC, Arts, Science & Commerce College, Kolhar.
- Department of Chemistry of Arts, Commerce & Science College, Satral is organizing a two days National Seminar on “Green Chemistry Education for a sustainable future of humanity” on the 23rd & 24th December, 2016.
- Department of Mathematics of Arts, Commerce & Science College, Satral is organizing a two days State Level Seminar on “Applications of Mathematics & Research Methodologies in Mathematical Sciences” on the 23rd & 24th December, 2016.
- Mega Event “Annual Pravara Mahotsav 2016” at PREC Loni [ Date: 16th & 17th December 2016, Venue : PREC, Loni ]
- Inauguration of “Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Science and Innovation Activity Centre” By Hon’ble Dr. Anil Kakodkar (Padma Vibhushan awardee) (Chairman, Rajiv Ghandhi Science and Technology Commission, Mumbai) [Date – 13th December 2016, Tuesday, at 11:00 am , Venue – Near Padmashri Dr. V. Vikhe Patil Sainik School, Gogalgaon Road, Loni Kd.]
- NAAC Sponsored National Seminar on “Integrating ICT for Quality Improvement in Higher Education” [Date: 8th & 9th December 2016, Venue: Women’s College of Home Science and BCA, Loni]Two days State Level Seminar “Digital Strategy for Schools”.[Date: 7th & 8th Dec. 2016, Time : 10:00am ]
[Venue : Pravara Rural College of Education, Loni]
- Two Day’s National Level Seminar On “Use of Statistics in Educational Research” at Pravara Rural College of Education, Loni. Date : 23rd & 24th November 2016
- Executive Chairman of PRES Hon’ble Dr. Ashok Patil received the “Kalam Innovation in Governance Award”, October 15, 2016,Vigyan Bhavan ,New Delhi.
- PREC Alumni Meet in Mumbai
[06:00pm, August 27th, 2016, Venue : NMSA, Sector-1 A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai ]
- Appointment of Maj. Gen Neeraj Bali as the CEO , Pravara Rural Education Society
- PKVM Sports Achievement
- 70th Independence Day Celebration
- Governing Body meeting of Sir Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Nashik), College Of Pharmacy(D. Pharm), College of Pharmacy( For Women), College of Architecture, Mohu – 13th July,2016.
- Congratulations & proud moments ” Mega Pool Campus Drive” held on 10th June at Pravara Engineering College Loni. 34 Companies & 2179 students were Participated & 514 students are selected out of which 226 are from Engineering stream.
College of the Year-2016
“Pravara Rural Engineering College, Loni “
MoU with Reliance Infrastructure Limited
Padmashri Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil Institute of Technology & Engineering, (Polytechnic), A/P: Loni, has signed MoU with Reliance Infrastructure Ltd., Reliance Group Dahanu Thermal Power Station, Dist- Palghar. Mr.Dinesh Mantri, Addl. Vice President – C & I & Training, handing over a copy of MoU to Dr. N.G.Nikam, Principal in presence of Mr. Roshan Patil, Training & Development, Reliance Infrastructure Ltd., Mr. Sanjay Phule, Trainer, Reliance Infrastructure Ltd., HODs and Prof. R.B.Nimbalkar, TPO at their Campus on 06/01/2017
“Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Science and Innovation Activity Centre”
“Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Science and Innovation Activity Centre”
By Hon’ble Dr. Anil Kakodkar (Padma Vibhushan awardee) (Chairman, Rajiv Gandhi Science and Technology Commission, Mumbai) Date – 13th December 2016, Tuesday, at 11:00 am
Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Memorial Summit and Innovation Awards on Innovation in Governance
October 15, 2016,Vigyan Bhavan ,New Delhi: On the occasion of Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam’s 85th birth anniversary, one-day summit at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi had been organized with awards to those who have followed Dr. Kalam’s path of promoting innovation in improving governance – in India and abroad.
The Summit featured the first edition of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award for Innovation in Governance to be presented to selected individuals and institutions for their exemplary work in improving governance and delivering value to the citizens. Pravara Rural Education Society was awarded the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Innovation in Governance Award for its contribution in the domain of rural development. The awards were presented across various categories including Education, Healthcare, Sanitation & Nutrition, Security & Safety, Environment, Women & Child Welfare, Banking Economics & Finance, Rural Development & Agriculture, Social Welfare, Energy, International Contribution and Technology, IT & Enterprise and Infrastructure.
The summit included plenary session, panel discussions and presentations on national and global exemplars of transformational governance for the betterment of the people.
Dr. Ashok Patil, Executive Chairman of Pravara Rural Education Society, was invited as the Guest of Honor for the summit. He is the President of International Association of Rural Health & Medicine (An International NGO in Official Relations with WHO), Executive Chairman of Pravara Rural Education Society, Loni and the Chairman of Dr. Vikhe Patil Foundation and has made tremendous contribution to organizational and institutional promotion and development.
It is noteworthy to mention that Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam has visited Loni on a number of occasions. He had been very much impressed by the Loni PURA model, which is a participative model of integrated rural development and has come up among 44 villages. The PURA stands for Providing Urban facilities in Rural Areas (PURA).
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Center for Creating Livable Planet and Sustainable Development aims to create and implement mission-mode projects along the visions and missions of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (1931-2015), the 11th President of India. It aims to promote innovations, especially in governance and social enterprises, improve youth participation in national and international development and improve access to education and knowledge in all strata of the society. The centre was started in 2015, after Dr. Kalam’s sad and sudden demise in Shillong while addressing his students in IIM Shillong.
Earlier this year ,the center organized the International Youth Conclave on Livable Planet in Lucknow in July, where the likes of Shri Ram Naik (Honorable Governor of Uttar Pradesh), Shri Akhilesh Yadav (Honorable Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh), Dr. Kailash Satyarthi (Nobel Prize Winner), Ms. Dia Mirza, Mr. Javagal Srinath, Mr. Arunachalam Muruganantham, Mr. Anshu Gupta and Padma Bhushan Dr. S.B Mujumdar participated along with 300 youth selected from many different countries including USA, Singapore and Japan.
Awards for Educational Excellence
The CEO of PRES Major General Neeraj Bali received the “Educational Excellence” Award
Pravara Rural Education Society has been awarded the Educational Excellence award by the USA based Indus Foundation. The award is presented in recognition of educational excellence and given to the institution focusing their energy on overall quality of education.
Awards for Eminent Educationists
Dr. Ashok Vikhe Patil, Executive Chairman of Pravara Rural Education Society has been awarded the prestigious “Eminent Educationist” award by the USA based Indus Foundation at the Indo – American Education Summit 2016 held in Mumbai.
The award was collected by Dr. Priya Rao, Principal,PRES’S Institute of Pharmacy(Loni).
The award recognizes eminent educationists, entrepreneurs, and visionary thinkers who have displayed skills in creating and sustaining educational institutions, departments or programs, pursuing new opportunities, engaging in continuous innovation, and exhibiting a high degree of accountability for quality education.
Awards for Education Technology
The Principal of College of Pharmacy (for Women), Sinnar. Dr. V. D. Wagh received the “Educational Technology ” award
Pravara Rural Education Society’s College of Pharmacy (for Women), Sinnar has been awarded the Educational Technology award by the USA based Indus Foundation.
The awards recognize excellence in technology use, adaptation, and development by faculty, staff, and administrators to enhance the teaching, learning, and working environment in educational institutions.
Skill Development Centre – Pravara Care
Recognized under State and Central Government Skill Development Schemes
PRAVARACARE is an initiative by PRES towards development of skill amongst the youth, simultaneously benefitting them financially, in consonance with the Central Govt. & State Govt. skill development schemes viz, PMKVY and PMKUUA. A very small proportion of India’s workforce has any formal skill training. In this context, skill development has become a key primacy area for our country. This is not only essential for economic development, but would help to achieve youthful aspirations for better remuneration, better job satisfaction and promising self-employment opportunities.
These courses will be conducted at all colleges of PRES & will be available free of cost to the students.
- Minimum Eligibility : Passed Class 7 & upto Graduate Level.
- Age Limit : 14 to 40 years
- Registration Fees : Free of cost
- Duration : 2 to 3 Months
- Job Guarantee : 100%
- Batch Size : 20 to 30 Students
Documents Required for Admission
- School / College Leaving Certificate
- Aadhar Card Original
- Ration Card / BPL Card
- 4 Passport Size Photographs
- Pravara Rural Engineering College Loni
- Sir Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Nashik
- Polytechnic College
- HAL-Pravara Aviation Institute
- College of Architecture, Loni
- Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy
- Padmashri Vikhe Patil College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- Pravara Rural College of Education, Loni
- Pravara Public School, Pravaranagar
- Pd Dr. V V P Sainik School
Padmashri Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil
Hon’ble Dr. Eknathrao Vikhe Patil
Hon’ble Dr.Ashok Vikhe Patil
The Pravara Rural Education Society established in July, 1964 had twin objectives of providing high class education system comparable to the best in any urban area and to give a fillip to the empowerment of women through need based education. Under the vigilant eyes of Padmashri Dr.Vithalrao Vikhe Patil the Pravara Rural Education Society started its rapid growth and began to playa key role to meet the diversified educational needs of people of Maharashtra in general and Pravaranagar in particular. While Pravara Public School and Pravara Kanya Vidya Mandir were getting on their feet, Padmashri set about the task of starting Marathi Medium Schools and covered all the forty villages in and around Pravaranagar. His intuitive vision led him to the firm conviction that if quality education is provided to rural youth, they will playa dominant role in building the Nation. Further, he believed that education of a woman means the education of the whole family.
Aims and Objectives
All educational institutions which have been started and run by Pravara Rural Education Society have common and broad aims and objectives.
a) To provide a wide and a relevant education to boys and girls with a view of shaping their body and mind, thus enabling them to claim their rightful place in the modern society of challenges.
b) To prepare the students to live their lives fully and successfully by imparting to them the vision of life ( KNOWLEDGE).
c) To instill in the students the spirit of service in all walks of life and make them responsible citizens of the future ( SERVICE).
d) To make the students capable of facing challenges in life efficiently and carve their own future ( STRENGTH).
e) To provide a balanced and life oriented educational programmes by incorporating progressive techniques, learning theories, and methodologies (CHARACTER). In a nutshell all institutions are geared to provide education to ensure socio economic and cultural transformation.
The Pravara Rural Education Society has a distinction of introducing ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) in its institutions (as courses of studies) and administration for smooth and effective functioning. Most of the major institutions are connected through Internet and Intranet round the clock.
Most of the Institutions have a good track record of academic excellence. Besides academic excellence, students have achieved land marks in games and sports at national and international levels. Recently the Padmashri Vikhe Patil College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Loni has been accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) – an autonomous body of HRD Ministry of Government of India and has been awarded A+ grade. The Pravara Rural Education Society has been adjudged as Model Education Institution of Maharashtra and has been awarded a cash prize of Rupees 100 thousand and a “Citation” by the Department of Education Government of Maharashtra.