Permit and Holiday Rules
- Boarders must have the Commandant’s permission to stay over during weekends, holidays and times when the Boarding School is closed.
- Boarders are not permitted to stay out overnight without explicit written permission in advance.
- At all times boarders must follow the Boarding School Rules.
- The Boarding School is primarily made available for study purposes. All boarders must maintain an appropriate, educational environment. Disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Boarders must obey and respect the staff-on-duty and the caretaker or security staff at all times.
- Boarders must sign in and out with the security staff each time they enter / leave the campus.
- No visitors including parents may be brought into the Dormitory.
- Boarders will be responsible for the safety of their belongings and must take an active role in ensuring the security of the Boarding School by:
- Locking away all valuables and keeping their room secure;
- Ensuring the Boarding School Entrance is properly closed after use;
- Reporting any outsiders and unauthorized people in the building to the security staff / staff-on-duty immediately;
- Reporting any suspicious events or occurrences to the security staff / staff-on-duty immediately; and
- Reporting any damage, problems or dangers in the building.
- Turn off any lights, fans and other electrical appliances upon leaving any room. All rooms must be kept in a tidy and hygienic condition.
- All boarders must be present / accounted for during each muster.
- All boarders must return to the Dormitory each night by 22:30. If you are going to be late, you MUST inform the staff-on-duty in advance.
- Boarders may not leave or enter the Dormitory between 22:30 and 06:00.
- Boarders must respect other residents that live in the Dormitory building. Disturbances will not be tolerated.
- Do not enter any other person’s room/ Dormitory or any out of bounds area. Confine yourself to your own room/ Dormitory and the common areas only.
- Any infringement of the Boarding School Rules, School Rules or the above may result in the offender being asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Dress properly in the school premises.
- Attend all Boarding School routines.
- Stay in the Academic area from 07:55 to 13:40/14:20 and from 18:00 to 20:00. The lights out is 23:00 for boarders.
- Observe silence in Academic block.
- Stay in bed after lights-out.
- Anyone found out of bed / dormitory without good reason will be punished.
- Report accidents and security concerns immediately to the Boarding Staff.
- The list headed “Forbidden” is also applicable to the Boarding School.
- Rooms other than Dormitories and Common Rooms are classified as “classrooms”.
- Additionally, mobile phones are not permitted in School.
- Bullying (please refer to the “Anti-ragging Policy”)
- No balls should be kept in the dormitories, rooms and corridor or staircase area. They should be kept in a designated place only.
- Disturbing others especially during prep or study sessions.
- Bringing valuables or large amounts of cash to the Boarding school.
- The School will not be responsible for any loss.
- Borrowing money from others.
- Any boy who needs cash urgently should seek help from the House Master.
- Damaging or defacing Boarding School/School Property.
- Shouting or speaking loudly in the Boarding School.
- Climbing any wall, furniture, fence, railing or other structure.
- Bringing friends or classmates into the Boarding School.
- No boarder should use other boarder’s property.
- Bathroom slippers are not to be worn out side Hostel premises. Baggies, Sandals/ slippers are strictly not permitted outside Hostel building at any time.
Rooms and Facilities
- Boys can only gain access to the dormitory in which they are residing. Other dormitories are out-of-bounds.
- All boys should keep all rooms and dormitories clean and tidy.
- The Dormitory is closed during the day-school hours: 07:50 - 14:00.
- The junior-floor is closed after 22:00 at night.
- Study rooms should be kept in order and silent, and are solely for study purpose.
- Sign for the key to any music practice room at the Boarding School Office. Return the key back to the office when finished – do not pass it on to another boarder.
- The last boy leaving any room or dormitory should switch off the lights, fans and air-conditioners.
- Out Of Bounds:
- All “Out of Bounds” rules are also applicable to the Boarders.
- Area outside School campus, except with explicit permission from authority.
- Janitors’ Room, Electrical panel rooms, roof, balcony, A/C machine area, skylights, planting areas and landscaped areas.
- Any area outside the gates on the emergency staircases.
- Store rooms, equipment rooms, plant rooms, lift rooms and electrical ducts.
- Parents are permitted to meet their wards only on specified visiting days from 9 AM to 5 PM. They will not be allowed to meet their wards on any other days.
Cadets dining Hall and Meals
- Courtesy and manner should always be observed.
- No slippers or sleeveless shirts are allowed in the Cadets mess.
- Observe good mess manners.
Leave - cadets
- Boarders are not allowed to be out of the School Campus without prior permission.
- Overnight leave will only be granted on the written request of parent/ guardian. Phone call request is not allowed.
- The Boarding Staff should be informed of any return that would be earlier or later than indicated, by calling on duty phone.
- Non-compliance of leave rules would result in serious disciplinary action.
- The Warden, acting in loco parentis, reserves the right at his sole discretion to refuse a boarder’s leave request at any time.
- Cadets will School premises only in Combat dress. No other dress code is permitted unless specified for training purposes.
- Late coming from all four types of leave will be fined as under –
- After 5PM on day of reporting till mid-night - Rs 100/-
- Late reporting from next day onwards - Rs 200/- per day.
- Late reporting beyond 15 days - Rustication from school
- Four types of leave:
Four types of leave:
Type 1: Town Leave Description: Short leave from campus after-school (e.g. going to local market) Time: From after-school until Prep time. Details:: Pre-organised leave that occurs regularly (e.g. Permits, Diwali vacation, summer vacation etc.) Procedure: Apply by lunchtime on the same day. Type 2: Town Leave Description: Longer leave extending beyond prep, whole evening or over one or more days (e.g. rituals, marriages, ceremonies etc.) Time: Depending on request but advance notice is required. Details:: Parental permission is required. All boarders on special leave must state where they are going, which adult’s care they are going to be in and also leave a contact number, and should be contactable all the time they are away. The number of special Leaves per year for all boarders (G5-12) is limited to five days per year. Procedure: Apply by lunchtime the day before leave. Keep the Boarding Staff informed when you leave and return Type 3: Town Leave Description: Pre-organised leave that occurs regularly (e.g. training leave viz music lessons, sports training, tutorials etc.) Time: Indicated time(s) on a weekly / monthly basis. Details:: Routine leave must be organized in advance between the Boarding Staff / Academic Staff. It is useful to know the exact dates and times, and any anomalies in the schedule at time of applying. Procedure: Teacher-in-charge to fill in and return the Routine Leave Form Confirm by lunchtime the day before leave. Keep the Boarding Staff informed when leaves and returns (except in-campus activity) Type 4: Town Leave Description: Pre-organised leave that occurs regularly (e.g. Permits, Diwali vacation, summer vacation etc.) Time: Routine leave must be organized in advance between the Boarding Staff / Academic Staff. It is useful to know the exact dates and times, and any anomalies in the schedule at time of applying. Details:: Routine leave must be organized in advance between the Boarding Staff / Academic Staff. It is useful to know the exact dates and times, and any anomalies in the schedule at time of applying. Procedure: Teacher-in-charge to fill in and return the Routine Leave Form Confirm by lunchtime the day before leave. Keep the Boarding Staff informed when leaves and returns (except in-campus activity)
Dress Code Dress code has to be strictly followed by all cadets. Baggies, Sandals/ slippers are strictly not permitted outside Hostel building at any time.
- Mess dress code (all areas other than dining hall is out of bounds for cadets. Dining hall is out of bound except during specified times. Kitchen area is out of bounds all the time).
Breakfast - Junior cadets (G5-8) – PT kit - Senior cadets (G9-12) – Combat dress/ Mufti dress. Lunch - Combat dress/ Mufti dress. Dinner - Combat dress/ Mufti dress.
- PT / Games time - PT Kit, White sports shoes with white socks. Football boots/ spikes can be worn as per sports event.
- Parade - Combat dress with accruements, black shoes, black socks and Web belt.
- Swimming - Swimming costume with swimming cap.
- Academics (8 AM – 2:30 PM) - Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays – Combat dress with accruements, black shoes, black socks and Web belt.
- Wednesdays & Saturdays – Mufti dress with school tie, black shoes, black socks and black leather belt. - Sundays/ Holidays – Private dress with shoes. No baggies, sandals/ slippers. (6 PM – 8 PM) - Combat dress/ Mufti dress. Bed time – Night suite.